The articles consider how to break down the barriers to enhance researcher–practitioner dialogue, as well as how to make ongoing outcome assessment feasible for clinicians. Moreover, the articles address how to promote training in evidence-based practice, and how to translate efficacy research into clinical practice and clinical insight into empirical study to better establish a two-way bridge between research and practice.
Bridging the Gap Between Clinical Research & Clinical Practice
Bridging the gap between clinical research and clinical practice: Introduction to the special section.
Teachman, Bethany A.; Drabick, Deborah A. G.; Hershenberg, Rachel; Vivian, Dina; Wolfe, Barry E.; Goldfried, Marvin R.
Psychotherapy, Vol 49(2), Jun 2012, 97-100.
Special Section: Research-Practice Integration.Abstract
This Special Section, developed by the American Psychology Association‘s Division 12 (Clinical) 2011 Committee on Science and Practice, highlights different ideas to help bridge the gap between clinical research and clinical practice, and notes recent innovations that help make research–practice integration feasible.
Ultimately, we hope this series can speak to many different types of psychologists, whether they work mainly as researchers or practitioners, so they can see new ways to integrate and learn from both research and practice. \
Way to go American Psychology Association !
Posted by Jeanette Bartha on 09/12/2014
- This blog does not Support Any Psychotherapist or Group
- Should People with Multiple Personalities or Dissociative Identity Disorder Be Parents?
- Ticker Tape: Mental Health Topics & More
- Falsely accused father of sexually abusing his children speaks out in interview
- Psychiatric Misadventures by Paul R. McHugh, M.D.
- Dr. Phil Exposes the Flaws & Fallacies of Repressed Memories
- The False Memory Syndrome Foundation
- European Society for the Study of Trauma & Dissociation: Interview with Andrew Moskowitz
- Rebirthing Therapy: Candace Newmaker nee Candace Tiarra Elmore, dies in therapy at 10 years-old, a YouTube video
- Persecutory Alters and Ego States: Protectors, Friends, and Allies
- The therapeutic value of adolescents’ blogging about social–emotional difficulties by Meyran Boniel-Nissim & Azy Barak
- I Miss My Therapist
- Teen Girls Perform Demonic Exorcisms Under the Supervision of Reverend Bob Larson
- Are You Unknowingly in Bed with Big Pharmaceutical Companies?
- My Teacher has Multiple Personalities
- Rush Limbaugh calls Sybil & the Diagnosis of Multiple Personality a Hoax Designed by Liberals
- Banned from Psych Forums: Bottom-line, don’t be honest
- The Wikipedia Initiative: An effort by the Association for Psychological Science to promote science education by Michael D Anestis
- The Most Dangerous Idea in Mental Health by Ed Cara
- The Warping of the American Women’s Movement
- On Bullshit Psychology
- Are Primary Causes of MPD Psychotherapists? by Scott Mendelson, M.D.
- Psychiatric Nonsense at Noon: “FMSwordF”
- British False Memory Society
- Treatment Facility, Castlewood: Harm Continues to Women Patients?
- Therapeutic Hazards of Treating Child Alters as Real Children in Dissociative Identity Disorder by Shusta-Hochberg, S.R.
- Emerging Science Shows Evidence that Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is also a Learning Disorder
- Chris Costner Sizemore: AKA The Three Faces of Eve (1927- )
- Debunking Byington: Book Review of Twenty-Two Faces – a Story of Multiple Personalities
- Is Change in Handwriting Evidence of Multiple Personalities & Dissociative Identity Disorder?
- Satanic Ritual Abuse Calendar of Events for Dissociative Identity Disorder Patients
- The Illusive Satanists: What Many in the Multiple Personality Community Believe about Satanic Ritual Abuse
- 1904: Multiple Personality & Human Individuality, by Sidis & Goodhart
- Helen: Woman with 7 Personalities, Part 2 (YouTube)
- Inpatient Suicide
- 45 Years of Psychotherapy Fails to Heal Psychiatrist with Multiple Personalities
- On the incidence of multiple personality disorder: A brief communication (by the early therapists for “Eve”) 1984
- Dr. Bob Newhart: How to extinguish multiple personalities
- Inadvertent hypnosis during interrogation … by Richard Ofshe
- Mark Schwartz, accused of malpractice, removed from Castlewood clinic staff
- Halloween, Big Business for Therapists Treating Dissociative Identity Disorder & Ritual Abuse
- Dissociative Identity Disorder Kills
- Carol Tavris, Ph.D.: How to Spot Pseudoneuroscience & Biobunk
- Conference: International Association for the Study of Trauma & Dissociation
- Creating False Memories: Not exclusive to Dissociative Identity Disorder
- The Failure of Evangelical Mental Health Care: Treatments That Harm Women, Lgbt Persons and the Mentally Ill
- Dr. Elizabeth Loftus: The Fiction of Memory
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A: Psychologist, Nirbhay Singh, accused of Jepordizing mental health cpare
- Therapists & Sexual Attraction to Clients
- Germany: Wie eine falsche Erinnerung fast eine Familie zerstörte. A wrong memory nearly destroyed a family
- What purple glass? Memory and the expert effect
- Psychological Treatments That Cause Harm, by Scott O. Lilienfeld, Ph.D.
- Is it Time to End Anonymous (and Abusive) Postings on the Internet?
- Misdirected War on Drugs: What about psychiatric drugs?
- Ivory Garden DID: Conference on Dissociative Identity Disorder & multiple personalities
- Mercy Ministries Admits Misrepresentation: Repays Clients $120,000
- YouTube: Interrogation or Child Abuse? The Michael Crowe Story
- National Association of Social Workers (USA) Offers Educational Credits for Attending Multiple Personality Disorder Conference
- Resources available in Sybil Exposed: The Extraordinary Story Behind the Famous Multiple Personality Case
- Alters in Dissociative Identity Disorder Metaphors or Genuine Entities?
- Confirmation bias: why psychiatrists stick to wrong preliminary diagnoses
- On the Wisdom of Counting to Ten: Personal and social dangers of anger expression, by Carol Tavris, PhD
- Directory: Internal Family Systems AKA “parts therapy”: websites & blogs
- Readers: What to do if this blog seems to have disappeared
- Dr. Phil Exposes Deranged Psychotherapist
- Psychotherapy and Patient Disinformation: Are patients getting correct information about their illness?
- Books: How Multiple Personalities Can Be Created
- The Same Old Elephant ..by Richard Kluft, MD,PhD
- Directory: Dissociative Identity Disorder & Multiple Personality Blogs, Websites, Support Groups, Forums, & Discussions.
- Bridging the Gap Between Clinical Research & Clinical Practice
- What We Know and What We Need to Learn About the Treatment of Dissociative Disorders
- Alter Possession: Some demons are better left unexorcised
- Man Wrongly Accused of Crimes Against Children Freed After 20 Years
- Dr. Phil & Multiple Personalities Follow the Discussion on Psych Forums
- Press Release from the American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) Draws Nearly 2,300 Public Responses
- South Korea: The Multiple Personality Defense
- Credibility, respectability, suggestibility, and spirit travel: Lurena Brackett and animal magnetism.
- Public sketicism of psychology by Scott O. Lilienfeld
- Multiple Personalities: A Lifestyle of Choice
- Multiple Personalities & Driving Motor Vehicles
- Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity: The “I have multiple personalities” defense
- Dissociative Identity Disorder: An empirical overview